Saturday, November 11, 2006

 

I'm back, with a good excuse

When I started this blog I vowed that I would never go more than a week without posting something, and ideally I would write something every two or three days. But that has not happened. It has been nearly four weeks since I last wrote. But as I said in the headline, I've got a good excuse.

On Saturday morning, Oct. 21, my wife Meg was getting our son up. We have bunk beds, so she climbed two rungs of the ladder to awaken him. As she was getting down, she either turned awkwardly and lost her balance or slipped and fell. She landed on the side of her hip. When the pain did not subside after an hour or so, we went to the hospital. And X-ray revealed a broken hip. Meg had surgery later that day to insert three screws to connect the bones.

It has been three pretty hectic weeks since then. Meg is walking with crutches and getting better every day. She returned to work last Monday and feels pretty good. She goes back to the surgeon for the second time in December and might be able to use a cane by then. So all in all, she's doing pretty well, for which I am very thankful.

I will keep you posted.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?